1. Attridge, Derek. Closing Statement: Linguistics and Poetics in Retrospect // The Linguistics of Writing: Arguments between Language and Literature. New York: Methuen Inc., 1987
2. Colomb, Gregory. The Semiotic Study of Literary Works // Tracing Literary Theory. Chicago: U of Illinois P, 1987
3. Erlich, Victor. Russian Formalism: History-Doctrine, 3rd Edition. New Haven & London: Yale UP, 1965
4. Garvin, Paul L. A Prague School Reader on Esthetics, Literary Structure, and Style. Washington, DC: Georgetown UP, 1964
5. Jacobson, Roman. Closing Statement: Linguistics and Poetics // Style in Language. Cambridge, MS: MIT Press, 1960
6. Miall, D. S., Kuiken, D. Foregrounding, defamiliarization, and affect: Response to literary stories. Poetics, 1994
7. Miall, D. S.,
So, defamiliarization was one of the most devices which Russian formalists dealt with. It should be noted that this dealing was very seminal because it helped the formalists do away with the traditional division of literature into form and content. The form and content were considered as inseparable, they constitute in one unity. They have replaced form and content to device and material respectively. Material serves for the unorganized stuff of literature – ideas, themes, emotions, events and also language and devise transforms material in to an artistically shaped literary work of art.
Now, pass on the next part of this short abstract to get a much clearer understanding of what and where literariness is.
The nature and the locus of literariness
When we are talking about the nature and
за 10 минут
Эта работа вам не подошла?
У наших авторов вы можете заказать любую учебную работу от 200 руб.
Оформите заказ и авторы начнут откликаться уже через 10 минут!